We’ve all heard the saying
” follow your gut.”
But I’m here to tell you to
“Listen to your gut.”
What does it mean to have a unhealthy gut ?
Unhealthy Gut = Unhealthy body
Numerous studies in the past two decades have linked the quietly of your gut health to your immune system, mood, mental health, skin health and more.
The term “gut microbiome” refers specifically to the microorganisms living in your intestines. A person has about 300 to 500 different species of bacteria in their digestive tract. While some microorganisms are harmful to our health, many are incredibly beneficial and even necessary to a healthy body.
So when some refers to your gut health, they are talking about the good bacteria in your gut vs the bad bacteria. When it is unbalanced, you start to show signs of bad gut health, meaning you can experience signs of frequent upset stomachs or food intolerances, increased inflammation in the body, unintentional weight changes, problems sleeping or constant fatigue, Bad skin and more.
Now, all of these make each other worse, for instance … you eat dairy (and because of the food intolerance and added hormones in dairy) – you break you (and because of the increase of inflammation and extra estrogen in you system ) – you get cystic/hormonal acne (and because of the unhealthy skin – it takes long to heal and/or gets worse.)
It’s a vicious cycle people …
How does a healthy gut make a difference ?
for starters, a healthy gut helps to strengthen your immune system, you heart health, brain health, improve your mood, better your digestive system and improve your skin health. A healthy gut will also help eliminate extra estrogen in your system, thus helping with those awe-full hormonal breakouts.
So not only will you have more energy, better focus and stronger immune system but you’ll also have a glowing complexion and an over all happy healthier feeling.
Now, your probably asking, how can I get a heathy gut !?
Well, to begin, lets take a look at your diet and stress levels …
• Are you eating fast food, sugary treats and drinking lots of coffee + alcohol ?
• Are you sleeping less than 6 hours a night, stressed daily and have a hard time feeling happy ?
If you answered Yes to most of those, if not all of them, then bad news … you are hurting you gut health.
Now lets throw in more variables that affect your gut, like …
• Do you drink enough water, taking vitamins + supplements and eat a lots of fruit and veggies ?
• Do you exercise , eat whole grains and eat/drink fermented foods ?
Is you answered No to most of those, if not all of them, then i’m sorry to say but your gut needs help.
There is so much more that contributes to a healthy or unhealthy gut but making small changes here and there will start to improve your health.
Heres a couple ways to start –
• Get more sleep : Between 6-8 hours is recommended
• Eat less fatty, sugary, proceeded food and more balanced, wholesome, fresh foods.
• Drink or eat more things like kombucha and yogurt.
• Try your best to De-stress : take a walk or a bath, read a book or do yoga.
• TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS !! Seriously, a multivitamin and probiotics are so important for your gut health and health health.
• More water, tea, green juice and less alcohol, coffee and pop.
There is so much more ways to improve you guy health, just do the research and make the change. In a month you’ll be glad you started today.
A healthy gut doesn’t just mean healthy skin,
it also means a heathy you.